Monday, November 4, 2013

Psalm 5 - A Prayer for Guidance:


The Psalmist Prays:

Give ear to my words,  O Lord,
Consider my meditation.
Give heed to the voice of my cry,
My king and my God.
For to You I will pray.
My voice you shall hear in the morning,
   O Lord;
In the morning I will direct it to You,
And I will look up.

******
 Psalmist Doris Prays:
Give audience to my presence, O Lord,
I beseech thee with good thoughts.
I enter into contemplation.
Give heed to my cry,
My Lord, and My Master.
My prayers you have on my arising.
  O Lord;
Upon waking my thoughts are with You,
And I go inward.

THE PSALMIST PRAYS:

For you are not a God who takes pleasure
  in wickedness,
Nor shall evil dwell with You.
The boastful shall not stand in Your sight;
You hate all workers of iniquity.
You shall destroy those who speak
   falsehood;
The Lord abhors the bloodthirsty and
   deceitful man. 

*******
Psalmist Doris Prays:

For you are not a God of wishful thinking.
Nor shall useless thoughts abide with You.
The proud shall not be indulged.
You hate all forms of judgement.
You take issue with those who boast of
  fame and power;
The Lord grants His favor to those who
  ask.

The Psalmist Prays:
But as for me, I will come into Your
   house in the multitude of Your mercy;
In fear of You I will worship toward Your
  holy temple.
Lead me, O Lord, in Your righteousness
  because of my enemies;
Make Your way straight before my face.

******

Psalmist Doris Prays:
But as for me, I will find the light
  that shines in the darkness
  be it just a sliver of hope;
I know that You love me, and will grant
  me my fondest desire.
I wish to be a writer and write short
  stories, maybe a successful novel
  down the road.
I beseech thee to grant my request.
I know you love me -- and you know
I love you.
Show me the words to weave my story,
and lead me in putting pen to paper.
Thy will be done.

The Psalmist Prays:

For there is no faithfulness in their mouth;
Their inward part is destruction;
Their throat is an open tomb;
They flatter with their tongue.
Pronounce them guilty, O God!
Let them fall by their own counsels;
Cast them out in the multitude of their
   transgressions,
For they have rebelled against You.

******
Psalmist Doris Prays:

For there is no loyalty in their words;
Their inner life is turmoil;
Their throat is an open grave;
Their words are pointless --
   and come to no fruition.
They are like dust in the wind.
The road they are on leads to a dead end.
But me O Lord look upon me with favor.
I beseech thee grant my request - only
   if it is thine will.


 The Psalmist Prays:

But let all those rejoice who put their
  trust in You;
Let them ever shout for joy, because You
  defend them;
Let those also who love Your name
Be joyful in You.
For You, O Lord, will bless the righteous;
With favor You will surround him as with,
   a shield.

 *****
Psalmist Doris Prays:

But let all those rejoice who follow your
  input.
Let them ever yell for joy, because You
   intuit them what to write;
Let those also who love Yahweh
Be happy in You.
For You, O Yahweh, will shower the right
  words on the writer
And with favor You will surround him with
  thoughts for short stories.
And so it is.

Thank you.  Thank you.  Thank you.
Love
Dorisssss.  XO.




No comments:

Post a Comment