Friday, November 1, 2013

Psalm 2

The Messiah's Triumph and Kingdom

The Psalmist Prays:
Why do the nations rage,
And the people plot a vain thing?
The kings of the earth set themsleves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the Lord and against His
    Anointed, saying,
"Let us break their bonds in pieces
 And cast away their cords from us."

Psalmist Doris Prays:
Why do the nations plot,
And the people form a hateful plan?
The kings of the earth unify
And the rulers consort amongst themselves,
Against the Lord and against His
   faithful, saying,
"Let us breath their ropes," they say,
   "and throw off their bindings.". 

 The Psalmist Prays:
He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision,
Then He shall speak to them in His
    wrath,
And distress them in His deep
    displeasure;
"Yet I have set My King
On my holy hill of Zion."

 Psalmist Doris Prays:
He who looks down from on high smiles;
   The Lord smirks at them;
The Lord shall hold them in anger,
And bring distress to them in His wrath.
Yet I have enthroned My King,
on My holy hill of Zion.

The Psalmist Prays:
I will declare the decree;
The Lord has said to me,
You are My Son,
Tday I have begotten You,
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your
   possession,
You shall break them with a rod of iron,
You shall dash them to pieces like a
    potter's vessel;

Psalmist Doris Prays:

I will make it known;
With utter familiarity He claimed
   me as His Son,
And breathed I am Your Father.
Ask of me anything.
He gave me the nations as my inheritance.
The stars and the moon, the earth and
   all that is in it are your possessions.
You will rule them with a firm hand.
You will scatter them to the four winds
   like a dust bowl in the desert.

 The Psalmist Prays:
Now therefore, be wise, O Kings;
Be instructed, you judges of the earth,
Serve the Lord with fear,
And rejoice with trembling.
Kiss the Son, lest He be angry,
And you perish in the way,
When His wrath is kindled but a little,
Blessed are all those who put their trust in
    Him.

 Psalmist Doris Prays
Now therefore, be wise, O Chosen Ones;
Be it known, you overseers of the earth,
Serve the Lord with fear.
And dance with trepidition,
Kiss the Son, lest he be jealous,
And you exist no longer.
When His wrath is stirred but a little,
Blessed are all those who hold steadfast in
   His path.



















No comments:

Post a Comment