Friday, November 1, 2013

Psalm 3

The Lord Helps His Troubled People
  A Psalm of David when he fled
     from Absalom his son.

The Psalmist Prays:
Lord, how they have increased who
    trouble me!
Many are they who rise up against me.
Many are they who say of me,
"There is no help for him in God."

Psalmist Doris Prays:
Lord, the news is not good.
Many rise up against me.
Many are there who whisper against me,
"God will not show His favor to her."

but yet--

A trickling of news is good.
The good woman finds a way.
Those who look on her see Kindness
And know that her step is surefooted.

 The Psalmist Prays:
But You, O Lord, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my
   head.
I cried to the Lord with my voice,
And He heard me from His holy hill.

Psalmist Doris Prays:
But You, O Lord are my Beloved,
My light, and the One who looks out
   from my own eyes.
I wept and the Beloved glanced my way.
He heard me from His holy hill.

The Psalmist Prays:
I awoke for the Lord sustained me,
I will not be afraid of ten thousands of
    people
Who have set themselves against me all
    around.

Psalmist Doris Prays:
My eyes opened for the Lord breathed on me.
I will not be afraid of multitudes of people.
Who have come to do me harm.

The Psalmist Prays:
Arise, O Lord,
Save me, O my God!
For you have struck all my enemies on
    the cheekbone;
You have broken the teeth of the ungodly,
Salvation belongs to the Lord,
Your blessing is upon Your people.

Psalmist Doris Prays:

Awake, O Lord,
Protect me, O my God!
For you have struck a hurtful blow to
  all my enemies
Their teeth have been loossened from their jaw..
They lay strewn on the field, like hay mowed
   down at cutting time.
All honor and glory belongs to the Lord,
All his blessings is upon Your people.






 
























No comments:

Post a Comment