Sunday, June 29, 2014

shadow


as i entered the auditorium my past and present was before me.
there were people i had known in the past who had passed on,
people that i knew today, and characters out of my imagination
were present, also guides that i had forgotten about smiled and
intuited  loving kindness.

johnny was holding my hand and the usher gave us each a ticket.
i glanced at my ticket it said one way,  i looked at johnny and i
saw that his was stamped round trip.  i wasn't afraid but puzzled.
johnny was happy and i didn't tell him the difference in the tickets.

when we finally were let in we found front row seats.
the curtains were waterfalls and the future was a dark cave.
we were handed flashlights and told to prepare for an
adventure.

the music started to play and the orchestra came into full
view.  it was mickey mouse on drums , cinderella on guitar and alice of wonderland
playing the piano.   other disney characters held different stringed musical instruments
in their hands..

then we were invited on to the stage  i morphed into a six foot waitress
dressed in a black and white uniform, with sheer nylons and three inch black pumps.

A black and white cow was forming on my back until the waitress disappeared and i
was the only cow in a cool green meadow.   Suddenly a 12 foot jolly green giant
appeared and started laughing and throwing yellow corn in the air that it rained down
all around me.  they were like golden nuggets.   he laughed so loud that the cow started
to dance. The orchestras music turned into a frenzy and then everyone in
the theater started dancing.  johnny wasn't in the meatdow with me but was watching on
the sideline looking at the whole thing as if he was amused.  he was smiling,laughing and
clapping his hands..  he seemed at home and there were people singing with him.

soon the music died down and the cow disappeared  and i appeared naked,
kneeling with my hands touching the earth.  i raised my head and johnny came into the meadow
handed me my flashlight and took my hand we entered the cave using our lights to find our way.

at the end of the cave was a town nestled among the trees.  we stood there looking at it and made out way down.  We were greeted by the residents who looked familiar and accepted us into an opening
which was made for us and made our way to our new life

Johnny looked at me and opened the palm of his hand.   he held the two ticket stubs in his hand.  understanding in his eyes.  he knew what i knew and it was all for the better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment