Monday, September 2, 2013

Psalm 39 - Prayer for Wisdom and Forgiveness

THE PSALMIST PRAYS:
I said, "I will guard my ways,
Lest I sin with my tongue;
I will restrain my mouth with a muzzle,
While the wicked are before me."
I was mute with silence,
I held my peace even from good.
And my sorrow was stirred up;
My heart was hot within me;
While I was musing, the fire burned.
Then I spoke with my tongue;

PSALMIST DORIS PRAYS:
I uttered, "I will watch over my actions,
So, not to be mean spirited with my words;
I will put a gag over my mouth,
While my enemy surrounds me."
I was deaf and dumb,
I did no good action before all;
My sorrow was great;
I hurt from within;
While I was pondering, there was a heat in my belly.
Then I spoke my words.

 THE PSALMIST PRAYS:
"Lord, make me to know my end,
And what is the measure of my days;
That I may know how frail I am.
Indeed, You have made my days as
   handbreadths,
And my age is as nothing before You;
Certainly every man at his best state is but
    vapor,
Surely every man walks about like a
     shadow;
Surely they busy themselves in vain;
He heaps up riches,
And does not know who will gather them.

PSALMIST DORIS PRAYS:
"Oh, Lord, you know me,
And the length of my days;
That I may know the scarcity of my breaths,
Indeed, you have laid out the hours and minutes
  before me and I see them as if etched on this day's horizon.
Certainly every woman at her best state is like
  smoke and mirrors,
Surely every woman is a reflection of her true self;
Surely they go hither and thither without rest
She heaps up treasures,
And is unaware of who will reap them.
 
THE PSALMIST PRAYS:
"And now, Lord, what do I wait for?
My hope is in You.
Deliver me from all my transgerssions,
Do not make me the reproach of the
     foolish,
I was mute I did not open my mouth,
Because it was you who did it.
Remove your plague from me.

I am consumed by the blow of Your
     hand.
When with rebukes You correct man for
     iniquity,
You make his beauty melt away like a
     moth;
Surely every man is vapor.

PSALMIST DORIS PRAYS:
"And now Lord, what do I listen for?
My ears hear only your whisperings
Deliver me from my foolishness,
Do not put me in disdain before my enemy
I was deaf and dumb
I uttered not a phrase
Because it was you who silenced me
Remove your sickness from me.

 I am taken over by the gaze of your eyes
 When with one swift glance you correct
   woman for her faults.
 You make her beauty fade away like the
   morning vapor
Surely every woman is illusion.

THE PSALMIST PRAYS:
"Hear my prayer, O Lord,
And give ear to my cry;
Do not be silent at my tears;
For I am a stranger with You.
A sojourner, as all my fathers were.
Remove Your gaze from me, that I may
   regain strength.
Before I go away and am no more.

 PSALMIST DORIS PRAYS:
Look at me O Lord.
And soften your glance,
Do not turn a deaf ear to my stirrings;
For I am like no one to you.
A pilgrim, as all my mothers were.
Take away your hardness of heart,
   that I may breathe freely once again.
Before I die and am no more.






























No comments:

Post a Comment