Monday, October 14, 2013

Psalm 41

The Blessing  and Suffering
    of the Godly

THE PSALMIST PRAYS:

Blessed is he who considers the poor;
The Lord will deliver him in time of
 trouble.
The Lord will preserve him and keep
  him alive,
And he will be blessed on the earth;
You will not deliver him to the will of his
  enemies.
The Lord will strengthen him on his bed
  of illness.
You will sustain him on his sickbed.

PSALMIST DORIS PRAYS:

Blessed is the woman who casts her glance
  on the downtrodden.
For the Lord calls her Compassionate..
The Lord will smile on her and call her his Beloved.
And she will be blessed in her comings and goings.
You will not put her forth in front of the evil one.
The Lord will lay beside her in her iniquity.
You will sustain her on her sickbed..

THE PSALMIST PRAYS:

I said, "Lord, be merciful to me;
Heal my soul, for I have sinned against
  You."
My enemies speak evil of me.
"When will he die, and his name perish?"
And if he comes to see me, he speaks
  lies,
His heart gathers iniquity to itself;
When he goes out, he tells it.







PSALMIST DORIS PRAYS:

I wept, "Lord, be loving to me;
Heal my spirit, for you know my sorrows..
My enemies would have me disappear.
"When will she depart, and be no more?"
And if she visits me, she looks at me with
  contempt. 
Her heart is full of wrongdoing.
And when she withdraws, she leaves a vapor
  of disdain.

THE PSALMIST PRAYS:

All who hate me whisper together against
  me;
Against me they devise my hurt.
"An evil disease, "they say, "clings to him.
And now that he lies down, he will rise up
  no more."
Even my own familiar friend in whom I
  trusted,
Who ate my bread,
Has lifted his heel against me.

PSALMIST DORIS PRAYS:

All who dislike me speak in low murmurs with one another
  against  me.
Against me they plot my demise.
"A cancer, they say, "spreads through her body.
And now that she is on her sickbed, she will
 waste away."
Even the one I call faithful friend with whom I
 broke bread,
Has slipped from my gaze and turned against
  me.

THE PSALMIST PRAYS:

But You, O Lord, be merciful to me, and
  raise me up.
That I may repay them.
By this I know that You are well pleased
  with me.
Because my enemy does not triumph over
  me.
As for me, You uphold me in my
  integrity.
And set me before your face forever.

PSALMIST DORIS PRAYS:

But You, O Lord, in your lovingkindness
  have seen fit to show me another day.
That in my being I may show your mercy and
  put it before my enemy
By this I know your smile is ever on me.
Because my enemy has failed in its grasp of me..
As for me,  You pour your strength into me.
And hold me in the palm of your hand forever.

THE PSALMIST PRAYS:

Blessed be the Lord God of Israel
From everlasting to everlasting!
Amen and Amen.

PSALMIST DORIS PRAYS:

Blessed be Yahweh, My God, My All.
From beginning to beginning!
The End and The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment